ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 Integrated Management System.
Scope: Warehousing, Distribution and Marketing services for Specialty Pharmacy and other products related to the Pharmaceutical Industry.
META has a solid and continuous commitment to people´s health and the protection of the environment.
Every day we work to improve the quality of services to our clients, to ensure the legitimacy of drugs, to guarantee their origin, quality in storage, and transportation.
Our policies are defined by our quality standards, our commitment to protect the environment and to ensure the safety of our employees, contractors and visitors who enter our facilities, as well as compliance with legal requirements, current applicable regulations and continuous improvement of the Integrated Management System.
To comply with this policy, our actions are aimed at:
- Satisfying the needs and expectations of our clients, providing products and services with the highest quality standards at all times and covering all processes from reception to delivery.
- Promoting collaboration with our suppliers based on communication and mutual understanding.
- Encouraging commitment and participation of our employees and collaborators with the values of our corporate culture, through training, communication and the development of their skills to achieve excellence and to ensure the continuous improvement of our processes.
- Ensuring the protection, safety and satisfaction of our collaborators, clients, suppliers and our environment.
- Promoting a healthy environment and the sustainable use of natural resources, establishing an effective environmental management system.
This quality policy is supported by the top management at META and is shared by all its collaborators.
In March 2005, Meta made a breakthrough in the pharmaceutical market by creating the first drug traceability system in Argentina. A label with a unique code of identification is placed in every unit received and links it to all its logistics movements.
Currently, by implementing the National Traceability System, Meta captures the codes assigned by the medical specialty registry holders and employs them through all its operations.
What is traceability?
It is the set of events that allows us to reconstruct the path of each product unit from its production to the dispensing to the patient.
Why did Meta consider traceability essential?
From the entry of a product, until it reaches the patient, many actors participate in the supply chain: the producing laboratory, distributors, pharmaceutical wholesalers, pharmacies, auditors, health insurance companies, liquidators and funders, which explains why it is essential to control the origin of the product and its arrival to the patient whilst preserving its quality.
GLN: Global Location Number
The Global Location Number (GLN) is the identification key used by GS1 standards worldwide to identify legal entities and physical locations within a business entity. Every establishment or authorized premises is identified with its GLN in the National Traceability System (ANMAT) to report the transactions carried out with the traced products: GLN Droguería Meta: 07798120570000.
- Satisfy the needs of the patient on time.
- Maintain the integrity of the product.
- Avoid counterfeits.
- Detect fraud and theft.
- Reduce the life risk factor.
- Follow-up throughout the entire chain.
- Facilitate auditing tasks.
- Assignment of responsibilities.
- Obtain and record information to reduce sources of risk.
- The breadth, depth and precision of traceability depend on this information.
- Detected the sources of risk, proceed to their correction.
- Each drug is individually identified, reducing the space for the illegal market.
- Identifiable product – call center.
- Quality assurance.
- Lenders and funders.
- Better tools to protect affiliates.
- Reduces the number of funds for correct application of the product and compliance with the treatment.
- Increases the availability of information.
- Reduces the availability of products in the illegal circuit, being able to identify your medications if necessary.
- Makes demand transparent.
- Distribution and dispensing.
- Improved stock management.
- Reduces errors.
Complaints: Illegitimate Drug Detection
The patient must ensure that the secondary packaging contains the following information: name of the product, monochrome, manufacturing laboratory, expiration date, batch and number of the authorization certificate issued by the health authority.
He must observe that the security devices such as seals, traceability supports, have not been violated. It is essential to verify the integrity and quality of the packaging. As well as distrust those units (boxes, blister, bottles, labels, ampoules, leaflets, etc.) that contain amendments or signs of having suffered the elimination of legends, logo and/or labels through the use of chemical solvents or mechanical means.
Differences can also be observed in the texture and the quality of the cardboard used. Some of the top laboratories hide micro security texts within their secondary packaging that can be made visible by using different techniques.
Differences in the way the leaflets are folded, in the text (missing letters, space between lines); sheet of different color, tonality and quality of the laboratory’s identifying logo. Alterations in the container and/or in the inscription of the batch and/or expiration date; signs of opening of ampoule vials; differences in color, appearance and size of the tablets. Remember that for the acquisition of drugs through health insurance companies, the pharmacist must remove the perforated tear-off stub and attach it to the prescription, in this case it is correct to receive a box with the perforated tear-off stub but you must verify that only the perforated tear-off stub has been removed and that the Container does not have more cuts, unlike particular purchases where the perforated tear-off stub must not be removed.
In the presence of any of the aforementioned characteristics, in the face of suspicion of the legitimacy of the drugs, contact the ANMAT Program. Call 0800 333 1234, every day from 8 am. to 8 pm., or send us an e-mail to email@example.com
“Droguería Meta S.A.” establishes a comprehensive policy to meet our quality standards, our commitment to protect the environment and to ensure the safety of our employees, contractors and visitors who enter our facilities, as well as compliance with legal requirements, current applicable regulations and continuous improvement of the Integrated Management System.
We follow the principles below:
To store, distribute and market the products, receiving them, controlling them and initiating or continuing their traceability per unit. To classify them for storage in the correct environmental conditions and suitable temperature. To make deliveries based on the requirements of our customers.
To build and maintain our facilities and processes to guarantee maximum operational safety and protection of the environment, promoting savings in the consumption of natural resources, recycling and minimizing environmental impact.
To maintain the constant challenge in the innovation of processes and technology applied to safeguard the quality of the products and to improve our services, as well as our environmental performance, and our safety and hygiene standards.
To expand our activities according to the needs of the Pharmaceutical Industry. To raise awareness among our staff of the preventive aspects of physical health care.
To create a corporate culture capable of linking our entire staff with these policies and with our company goals. To communicate our policies to anyone who works for the organization or on its behalf. To make this information available to whoever requires it.
ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM / ISO 14001
Meta is committed to the protection of the environment and the sustainable use of natural resources; the earth’s natural wealth constitutes an invaluable heritage that must be protected and preserved for our children and the rest of the community.
Conditioning, Warehousing, Distribution and Marketing services for Specialty Pharmacy and other products related to the Pharmaceutical Industry.
Our environmental programs
- Waste separation at source
- Donations to recycle paper and plastic caps to the Garrahan Hospital
- Donations of cardboard, Styrofoam and refrigerants to private recyclers
- Reduce electricity consumption
- Reduce paper consumption
- Safe disposal of special waste (pathogenic, toner, batteries and electrical)
- Staff awareness
- Environmental Protection
- Saving of natural resources
- Contamination prevention
- Legal compliance
- Continuous improvement